The Celebrant Perth
Perth's premier wedding celebrant with the Golden tie!
This website belongs to
The Celebrant Perth.

Documents Required: The Celebrant Perth

Thank you for making an appointment to discuss your wedding ceremony with me. In order to begin the legal process of marriage in Australia, according to the Marriage Act 1961, you will need to complete and lodge a 'Notice of Intended Marriage' form with me (an authorised marriage celebrant) a minimum of 1 month and 1 day before your wedding day.
In addition to the 'N.O.I.M.' form, please remember to bring with you the following documents that are required by law for a marriage to be solemnised according to the Marriage Act 1961. If you are unable to bring any or all of these documents to the initial meeting, you will still be able to lodge the N.O.I.M. form with me, however, please bear in mind that I must see the applicable documents at the final meeting:
Please note: The Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages will not accept the use of an Australian Citizenship Certificate for the purposes of completing a N.O.I.M. form under any circumstances.
1) If you were born in Australia:
either  1) an original Australian Birth Certificate,
or        2) an original Australian Birth Certificate Extract of an entry showing the date and place of birth,
or        3) an Australian Passport (a cancelled passport is not acceptable)
2) If you were born Overseas (outside of Australia):
either  1) an  original overseas Birth Certificate (if in English)
or        2) an original Overseas Passport (a cancelled passport is not acceptable).
3) If you have been divorced or widowed
either 1) a Certificate of Divorce, a Decree absolute, or overseas issued equivalent Divorce Certificate (if in English),
or       2) a Death Certificate of your previous spouse, or an official copy of the decree or death entry.
4) If you are unable to produce any these documents at the time of the consultation, this will usually NOT be a problem -
- you will simply need to state and complete a statutory declaration with me, setting out the reason why it is impossible to obtain such a certificate or extract and stating, to the best of your knowledge and belief, and as accurately as you are able to ascertain, when and where you were born.
Just remember to mention this to me when you email, and we can discuss your options.

You do not need to bring a copy of the 'N.O.I.M.' form with you, as I can supply a copy at our meeting, however, should you choose to print a copy for yourself, please follow the instruction below.

To download the 'Notice of Intended Marriage' form, please click on the following link -

'Notice of Intended Marriage' form

To make a booking or just to enquire please email or call.

Phone: 0401 223 194